Lime Walk Methodist Church
There has been a strong Methodist presence in Headington since the 19th century.
Following the building of a Chapel in Quarry High Street in 1860 (now the home of Cornerstone Christian Centre), there was felt to be a need for further development in New Headington and so the vision for another Methodist cause was born.
A Methodist Chapel was subsequently opened in March 1889 in New High Street. This became the Church Hall, when the current Church on Lime Walk was opened in May 1932.
Our worship area has been refurbished in recent years to provide a light and attractive space with comfortable seating. Our recently adopted mission statement at Lime Walk is “We worship God and share His love with all” and the two parts are intertwined. We worship on a Sunday, but also as we meet together during the week. All are welcome from the youngest child to the oldest member.
The Lime Walk Players have been playing and working together for 31 years, and have consistently put on shows of a high standard. We are particularly strong in our musical content as well as having a team of good actors.
There is a fortnightly Ploughman’s Lunch to which all are invited, on Fridays; Tuesday Drop In welcomes people for a chat over tea or coffee; and Feelgood Fitness is an exercise class for people of all ages, very suitable for those of ‘more mature years’!
We serve each other through extensive pastoral visiting, and the wider world through money raising events for designated charities.