United Methodist Church, 18 St Michael's Street, Oxford
The North Gate Hall
The congregation of the United Methodist Free Church moved to this building from their previous premises in Paradise Square in 1871/2.
In 1907, the United Methodist Free Church joined with the Methodist New Connexion and Bible Christian movement to form the United Methodist Church.
The building was designed by J C Curtis. It ceased to be used as a place of Methodist worship when the congregation merged with Wesley Memorial Church following the union of the various branches of the Methodist Church in 1932.
The building was subsequently sold and the funds were used to build the suite of church halls adjacent to Wesley Memorial Church.
A 1908 photograph of the local preachers and minister of the Oxford United Methodist Circuit can be seen here.