In his early days as a young Fellow
Between 1726 and 1735 John Wesley preached in many parish churches around Oxfordshire, including:
Chiselhampton – in the previous building, not the current church which was not opened until 1763.
Combe – with a spectacular perpendicular stone pulpit
Pyrton – although rebuilt in 1896, parts of the building date back to 987
Buckland – visit the history page of the St Mary the Virgin Church Buckland website
Shipton-under-Wychwood – handsome medieval church with perpendicular stone pulpit