John Wesley first visited Burford on 3rd October 1739, when it is quite likely that he passed by the building which was to become Burford’s Methodist church.
It was built between about 1715 and 1730 as a private house and converted in 1849 to a Wesleyan Chapel. The interior was reordered in the mid twentieth century by Oxford architect Thomas Rayson.
Burford Methodist Church is a Grade II* Listed Building
Find out more about this church on the West Oxfordshire Methodist Circuit website.
Burford Methodist Church
75 High Street