The present Church building, in St Leonards Square was built in 1873. The premises have been modernised and extended in recent years, to serve a growing congregation and for community use.
Find out more about church life today on the Wallingford Methodist Church website.
Methodism in Wallingford has a long history. The founder of Methodism, John Wesley, visited the town on at least 4 occasions. It is almost certain there was a Methodist congregation in Wallingford in the 18th century. The Baptismal register was begun in 1833 suggesting a permanent meeting house or chapel had been established by that time.
Further information can be found on the website of the Wantage and Abingdon Methodist Circuit.
Wallingford Methodist Church
St Leonard’s Square