Methodism was established in Wantage in the 1820s in large part due to the efforts of local benefactor, Thomas Bush.
In 1845, having outgrown two meeting houses, a Wesleyan chapel was opened on the present site in Newbury Street. The building has been significantly extended and altered since that time. A new hall was built in 1992.
Find out more about current congregational life on the Wantage Methodist Church website.
Further information can be found on the website of the Wantage and Abingdon Methodist Circuit
Wantage Methodist Church